Last time she came here, it was Holi, pretty colorless
Summer was yet to set.
We had planned to whitewash our house later in the year
Around September and October
This will keep the house white for a long time
till rain soaks the wall
And in the wall,
till we see our ancestors taking shape
For generations we have believed
In happiness
in whiteness
And
Kept whitewashing the walls
Year after year

7 comments:
Oh! so beautifully written, Amalendu :)
and I was so thrilled to see that note from you :)
wishes,
devika
Thanks Devika....I am happy that you liked the poem..the photograph in fact is taken from my parents house in Rourkela, Orissa, when I last visited the house.
Okay Amalendu..i thought so- I had painting like that with me...a calender by the LIC (if i remember correct) showing the several Indian states..and I framed some of them; but lost it,
Hope your family and Aaditya are doing good :) -- find more time for poetry, Amalendu :)
wishes,
devika
Sir, your writing is fantastic.. I particularly found the idea of our ancestors taking shape in the rain soaked walls fascinating..
Earlier today I had spoken about an old entry of mine on Gangtok .. it can be found here...
http://bubulg.blogspot.com/2004/10/walk-in-clouds.html
Prabir
Thanks Prabeer... I will soon go through your blog and this specific one suggested by you.
Amalendu, again left the blog and writing? that isn't doing fair to poetry...life was getting busier for me too...but look forward to your poems, Amalendu,
wishes,
devika
I am discovering your "feminin side". I hope you do not imply that because you write poetry you have a feminin side! Poetry is in every men... but some like you are blessed with the ability the gift to be able to transform what burns in their hearts into words and trasnmit it to ... their wife, their kid... their students... their friends... and the web does the rest! Thanks for spreading love and showing us all that ... no women no cry... is an indian line!
Post a Comment