Monday, July 27, 2009

Of River, Hills and Shyamalee...

The river takes hundred turns here
to negotiate with the hills.
In every turn there is a mark
of memory,
a tiny flower,
small grasses,
a few stones
and a good old tree.

Only the tiny steps are missing
and
some heartfelt laughter,
little of undecipherable sounds
and
some distinct ones
she would have made otherwise.

The missing marks slowly vanish
as the river takes one more turn.

This time, the river
refuses to negotiate
with the hills... ... ...



This poem is an outcome of days when my son was not with me for a few days. I remodified the poem a bit to get a universal feeling

12 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

Looking at river and its course, I have always wondered if it ran straight, would it be ever so beautiful,

if life was a straight path to death, will there be any excitement...any art out of it,

This poem brought back those thoughts to me,

i love your poems Amalendu...its gripping :)

wishes,
devika

PS: Hope Aaditya is doing good :)

Amalendu said...

Thank you Devika for your sweet words...it is quite sometime that I have written a poem....I feel a heartfelt thought communicates better...Hope now you are allowing comments in your blog....

I moved through a hectic transition after changing job...hope to settle down soon with new environment and poetry...

see you sometime in your blogs...

Devika Jyothi said...

True, a heart-felt poem can always be differentiated,

And I look forward to reading more from you...

and comments are still closed Amalendu...i miss good readers/commentators, but then that decision was taken for a reason, which still holds good dear friend...I am sure you will understand :)

I will see you here, for sure :)

wishes,
devika

Amalendu said...

ya Devika...somethings are better unexplained...visitors like you inspire me to write...I will continue to visit yours and look forward to your visit to SHYAMALEE...

Devika Jyothi said...

Thanks Amalendu, it feels good when someone is understanding and supportive:)

sure, will be here

wishes,
devika

MOHAMMED FARHAN KHAN said...

hello sir,
nicely written ...
though the poem lacks rythmic tone, but still it is something very emotional ...specially when u mentioned that this poem is an outcome when ur son was not with u.

nice to see your blogs, I like when teacher writes something ...it is purely an outcome of his knowledge and experience....
hope will be regular visitor...

Devika Jyothi said...

Amalendu...long time,
time for a new one :)

Hope to read you soon,

wishes,
devika

Devika Jyothi said...

Hi Amalendu, no news since long...hope all is well,

Wish You and family a Very Happy New Year :)

wishes,
devika

ishmi said...

visited your blog after a long time...lovely poem.

Devika Jyothi said...

Amalendu, where in the world are you??

no poem since soo long....Aaditya- no news, hope all is well, :)

i wasn't too much around too,

wishes,
devika

Amalendu said...

Thanks Devika...for visiting me now and bringing out the life from the dead poet...

The poem that you will see next is compelled by you...

Devika Jyothi said...

I am so happy, Amalendu...that i could do it...and thank you so much for responding so nicely :)

wishes,
devika