I am longing for somebody
to call my name.
This will make me happy.
Then, I can smell the leaves
falling on the path of spring
I can see the colours of flowers
blossoming after the winters
I will recognise peoples’ voice
decipher their words
and
greetings
In an alien city
free from so many things
I could have felt its fragrance
Or, the woman
who was so close to me
years ago
Distance bothered me
distance from my child
his yelling and smiling
that has his own special marks
Distance bothered me
distance from the crowd and chaos
distance from responsibility
in an alien city…
[This poem is an outcome of my initial days in Pecs, Hungary where I spent my last one month. My blogger friends:I am really sorry for not keeping up the momentum of writing, all these days]

25 comments:
Glad to see you back!! Wonderful poem to return on.
Thank you Pat....
it's good to see you post again.
yes, this is a wonderful poem.
and true, hungary is not very far from where i live :)
Glad to see you back to posting again.
Beautiful poetry too.
Good to see you back! Well expressed poem and very nice picture.
It's great to see you back!! How is the baby? I have some photos of mine in July on my photo blog. :)
glad to see you back!
you realise how much certain things mean to you only when you are away from them
pehle
kapdon ke
deh hua karti
bahut pehle
teen chaar hazaar saal pehle
ab kapde hain
aur deh ki
asprishya smriti
Thank you Polona....
Thanks Gautami... I liked the new get up of your blog..
Thank you Aurora... This photograph I took at the Castel in Budapest
You are true Gulnaz... thanks..
Hi Andrew... nice to see you here...My baby is doing fine and is becoming naughty as he is growing...
Tukun...at some point of time I will translate this for others benefit...
waiting for more
I can so resonate with this poem! Strong in simplicity. Vintage...
Thanks Kranti...I have been trying hard to maintain this style...as a result it is becoming difficult write a new one...
came across this recenty, very nice
morpheus...thank you for coming by...I hope you will come again....
In an alien city....
Nice poem..I was taken about ten years back..when i first came to Delhi...
How I longed someone call my name..walking the busy streets of the city...
loved reading it Amalendu!
so nicely you related...so true is this feeling, is not it!!!
very..very!
in an alien city
wonderful caption & super verse.
Thank you mirage...Hope to visit you soon...
Post a Comment