Saturday, March 17, 2007

I Prefer to be Silent...


I don’t know how

time passed

and

winter was nowhere to be seen


Leaves started falling

at times one by one

at times in bulk

From nowhere

a gusty wind came

and

took away many of those

to a distance of dreams

to desert them

at the end


No explanation was given

No reason was sought

At times I feel

How will we take the views of the leaves

if words are the only medium of expression!

I prefer to be silent


I prefer to look at my child

and

his innumerable expressions

NO WORDS

I prefer to be silent

...

26 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

What a beautiful boy. :)
Yes, hang on to the time that you have -- it goes by faster and faster.

Unknown said...

Awwww...the baby is looking beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Amal, there is one common thing beteween your and my blog. Cute picture of Aaditya!!

I am waiting for your comments in my blogspot.....
http://papanna-cwc2007.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What an excellent poem! And your baby is beautiful. :)

polona said...

wonderful poem!
and the baby boy is simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

Mashallah - May he be raised under your shelter and grow up with your teaching, within you love to take his stride of life

Nasra

gautami tripathy said...

Welcome back, Amalendu. Hope your muse stays.

Sweet picture of your son.

Amalendu said...

True Andrew...

Amalendu said...

Thank you Upasna...

Amalendu said...

YES... Papanna...

Amalendu said...

Thank you Aurora...

Amalendu said...

Many thanks Polona...

Amalendu said...

Amen
Thank you Nasra...

Amalendu said...

Lets hope Gautami...

Pat Paulk said...

There is no silence in your silence. Your love is like a roaring weaterfall of dreams. Excellent poem!!

iamnasra said...

Children grow so fast - so grip on the time you have on their innocence and chilhood laughetr

iamnasra said...

quick greetings from me

gautami tripathy said...

Hey, why have you stopped writing?

gulnaz said...

silence like this is as soothing as a parent's hug!

Anonymous said...

Long time hope you are well

Nasra

Fragmented said...

i'd prefer to look at you baby too, he's beautiful.

the poem was wonderful :)

Amalendu said...

Dear Pat, Iamnasra, Gautami, Gulnaz, Nasra and Luanne...I am really sorry for not able to be in blog for a real long time. I am greatful for your comments and hope that I will be able to sustain my writing momentum...

shree said...

beautiful.and thanks for sharing

Amalendu said...

Thank you Shree...You have a lovely blog...

Devika Jyothi said...

'if words are the only medium of expression!

I prefer to be silent'

Liked it...
And the Happiness -- Only a few are lucky to behold that Happiness...

behold the happiness as much as you can, it may 'grow up' -- no? :-)

Loved the lines...all !
and poetry that hides somewhere between...

Amalendu said...

Thank you devika...."the poetry that hides somewhere in between"...so nice...what else can be a better expression for poetry!!!