Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nothing but Death...

I wish to write a poem

about nothing

but

death

The woman in next door

walks away

through the narrow alley

The old man

beneath a unknown tree

rests

after a long walk

A boy of twenty

smokes out

in a synchronised form

while talking over a mobile phone

I chose not to write

a poem about them

I hunt for a character

like a rickshaw puller,

like a man on the street

who announces about the next movie

in nearby theatre

and

distributes leaflets,

A man who comes to our street to sell charcoal

The woman selling puffed rice

All of them are dead

Long time passing

Let me rework on my flute

and

play the melancholy…

13 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

very good -- I like how you described your surroundings - made me feel like I was there

Amalendu said...

I wish you were here to see a few of these, not in Bangalore, may be in downtowns...
Thank you Andrew...

Plus Ultra said...

Hello, I now have a parallel site at multiply, In the links I will link a select few and I would like you to be there, I need a ten liner profile of you for the description, if you go to my multiply site and click on the links you will understand what I mean, please post your profile to my multiply site, click here
http://alwaysmorebeyond.multiply.com

gautami tripathy said...

Very vivid images.

polona said...

there's a thin line between life and death... i love this one.

Asmi said...

its more a song...i loved listening.

just to complain a little...

are you sure there aren't any problems in your template ? an HTML
keeps occuring in between the texts (in words)in some of your posts and spoils the charm.

just check once if you need to reformat the template.

regards.

Amalendu said...

Dear Dr. Ng, for sure I will get back to your new web page and register myself there. Thank you for informing this to me.

Amalendu said...

Thank you Gautami, sorry for being so late...in fact, tied up with many a things...

Amalendu said...

So nicely you put it Polona...I hope to get back as soon as possible. I am missing my blog-friends...

Amalendu said...

Ananya, I understand what you wish to say..Thanks a lot for your nice review...
Ananya, there is no problem with HTML templet, in fact the problem comes if you view the blog through explorer...it is fine when you view it with Mozilla firefox...

iamnasra said...

I hunt for a character

like a rickshaw puller,

I love this ...
Its been awhile ...

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Where have you been, my friend?

Amalendu said...

sorry friend...
I was tied up with uncountable job pressure....