In the past
cloth
use to have carcass
Long back,
Three to four thousand years' back...
Now, clothes are there
and,
remembrance of carcass
far from touches...
[This photograph was taken at Lake Balaton, Hungary and the poem is a translation from original Hindi written by my poet friend Siddharth]

28 comments:
a very interesting picture!
sad and haunting words there.
Thoughtful words & a very nice pic too!
I love that poem!
The photograph is great, and works well with it.
very expressive and i love the photo.
I like Tukun's Da's Hindi version better. But this picture is so deep!
How about this:
In the distant past,
Clothes used to have carcasses to hide.
That was thousands of suns back...
Today, the clothes last,
And lasts the commemoration of mortal skin and hide...
thank you Gulnaz...I know, my friends Hindi poems are great...I tried my best to capture those images hidden in those words..
Thank you Kalyan and welcome to my blog world
Thank you aurora...I too felt so, I know its all in imagination..
Thank you Polona..., your appreciation of this photograph, I will surely take as a great compliment. Thanks again...
I know Kranti, Tukun's hindi poems are really great...I don't think I have done a real justice to his words while translating. However, I took his view and permission before publishing it. Every translation becomes a different poem..so as yours... so as mine...
a lovely translation kranti...thanks...I will insist tukun to read this...
The photo and the poem goes together very well.
And then may I translate or rather write another -
Back then
clothes had bodies
(Heads-toes , hands & mouths etc)
Long back,
Three to four thousand years back..
Now
its cloth
and rememberance
of bodies
far from touches
wow!! good one tukun da. this is good jugalbandi. of course, your copyrights are respected. in my version, i decided to change one word: i replace "skin" by "flesh". so, it goes:
In the distant past,
Clothes used to have carcasses to hide.
That was thousands of suns back...
Today, the clothes last,
And lasts the commemoration of mortal flesh and hide...
Thanks Andrew...
Tukun and Kranti...I liked the way it is going...I enjoyed reading all these poems...
its beautiful...the pix and the poem and its translation .please post the original Hindi too .would like to read that very much.
Hi. New poem on my blog...check it out.
Thank you Shree...the original hindi appears in the previous post's comment (by Siddharth)...
it is a beautiful picture with a beautiful poem...
thnaks for visiting my blog. appreciate our comments
Where have you been, my friend?
why dont you write Amalendu?
write write write :)
Hi Andrew, Shree and Gulnaz....I have not reinvented writing....but compelled myself do my bit...I am extremely insecure of sustaining it...I hope will do it....
Nice picture..and a wonderful translation of a perceptive poem..
thanks!
I can't really appreciate Hindi poems, though..I am a Keralite in Delhi :-)
Thank Devika...and thanks for coming again and reading these....
Post a Comment