Now a days
She does not come running
to tell all that
what she normally does not mean.
Evening falls
neither she comes
nor any of her messages.
Now,
when she is not there
the meaningless words
she uttered several times before
start taking shape
on the walls,
on paper,
in thought.
Those words become lyrics
and start humming
in the wind
sometime they fall like rain
some other time
like poetry
In a deep corner of thought
wishes start sprouting
night falls
neither she comes
nor any of her messages.
{quite a few people asked me why I name this blog "SHYAMALEE"
though I need not justify the name, I feel shyamalee is the women in me. And I wish to express me i.e. these women in my best possible way. I find it easy to reflect through poems. In fact, to be truthful, I lack any other means. Udayan Vajpayee's "Kuch Vakya" has a deep impact in me. Often, I take his words for granted in my poems too...}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
wo door desho mein
apne stano ko
mere haatho se chooti hai
...was reading my HIndi works , enough to take out a colection.
nice...
What more can I say, its funny you know but your words and tukun da's and mine all will in the long run get mixed up..we will not realise but the black women from tukun's da's poems will suddenly in the dream of yours will come and wash their love stories in the river of mine...
and I assure you, the day is going to come soon.
love you
another poet I recall at this point is Swaroop da... his lucidity is incomparable. What is he up to now tukun?
Do you know JM Keynes who said in the long-run we are all dead...he was talking about economics. Now I feel he was a poet perhaps who found a simple solution for bunny's vision...
love you dear
Problem with People like Keynes, Buddha, and Marx is that lot of people take to follow them
but we dont follow a Marquez or NERUDA
And if at all following is concerned ....better follow it like Ramcharita Manas, Tulsi
I feel these people bothered too much about the world
And yet it needs a poet to spell that
'In the long run we all are dead'
wo door deshon mein
apne stano ko
mere hathon se chooti hai
aaur mein
pata hun wah sab
jo hamara hona
tay karta
i know its a bad poem but still let it be
ya fir
wo sab chupa rehta
jo tay nahi tha
hamare saath na hone ki tarah
kaali baagan re cheli pasi jaai thila
aaji gate dei aasibi
sandhya saara sethi basi
geet gayiba
tume baigaan toli rakhi thiba
bhaja kariba
na kan Geeta apa
those were the last lines I read of Swaroop da..have tried to re-write it through my rememberance
he is a wonderful poet
yaad hai prabhat chacha aur akshy chacha playing with the words...
last when they were playing poems in my diary akshy chacha wrote:
Ladke ne prem ko Gend ki tarha uchhala
Ladki ne prem ko bansuri ki tarha bajayee
Ladka gend phek aapasi ki pratiksha karta raha
Ladki raag ke anurag ban jane ki
I have not seen one comparable to Swaroop da's lucidity... I think the one you have written bagan is bagicha...
10:40 PM
Obviously you all know more about poetry then i do & I can't understand your language but there is something about these poems that i really like. :)
so nice of you l>t....
i will take time out and translate all that written in Hindi or Oriya for you....
there is nothing much in poetry to understand... its all about how you feel...
there is something comforting in the way you write... maybe it's how you weave your words; maybe it's the emotion that feels so familiar. nice poem :)
may be Luanne...but you said it well..
Thanks for coming here...
Post a Comment