seem to be opaque
As if,
someone has thrown a stone
to the still water
Unmoved by all these
she is in a trip to nostalgia
gathering a few fractured dreams
A rain would come
Perhaps…
And,
soak her
to bring her back
She will again feel shy
about her drenched semi-transparent clothes
Would also remember
many of them she knew are dead
In an uncountable steps to the Haveli in the alley
a hope perhaps would sprout
There are many more left
and a few children
who would come back running
to the river,
to the hillock
And
Bazar

22 comments:
Oh so nice...
Loved this one Amalendu..
"As if,
someone has thrown a stone
to the still water"
its those stones that bring life to the water...sometimes its the rain itself adding more to it, stirring it...
its a recurrent imagery in me. have een so much of it..it keeps coming bacck..nice to read it here..
wishes,
devika
Thank you Devika....I feel so happy that you could relate yourself with the poem...
Always, Amalendu...
the women in your poems are so true to life, perhaps. I have said that before, i think..
i will be back to read the rest of the archived ones :)
wishes,
devika
Oh I only saw the picture now, Amalendu...
Aaditya, no? grown..he is :)
he looks a small little Krishna in that peethambaram :))
all my love for him. :)
wishes,
devika
yes you are right...its during the marriage of my brother-in-law he was dressed like that... and was in a happy mood to move around the garden of marriage hall....he is grown, talks a lot and demands things...
:-)
so cute and lovely he looks :)
wishes,
devika
Wish you and family a Merry Christmas, Amalendu..
my love for Aaditya..:)
devika
I really like it. Just that the lines "In an uncountable steps to the Haveli in the alley
a hope perhaps would sprout" sounds and looks forced.
yeah....some what a series of terrorist attack had some influence on this poem too...
Hi Amalendu,
Quite a while since I came this way...
hope all fine with you and family...
Wish you and family A Very Happy and Joyous New year, b'lated though :)
my love to Aaditya :)
wishes,
devika
why nothing new?
There are always more. It's a shame the inmates are running the asylum.
Great piece!!
Btw, I have tagged you with my latest post "Books I read in January."
http://inmyleisure.blogspot.com/2009/02/books-i-read-in-january.html
You will need to mention the top five books your read in January with a short review and if you think i should be reading it then suggesting it so in your own post.
beautiful poetry....
coming here after a long while, Amalendu...
and yet, no new ones?
hope all is fine there,
hope to see you posting soon :)
wishes,
devika
Thank you Pat for coming here. It is always soothing to hear a few words from you...
Hi bunny...though it took time, I could finally write and post on books I read...My only worry is, when it comes to prose content, I am yet to learn the art....
Thank you Shree...
Yes Devika...it appears like recession has affected creativity too....Thanks for coming...
Recession should in a way get us back to creative pursuits, i feel..
i will keep a tab, Amalendu :)
wishes,
devika
Hi Amalendu,
I wrote these 8 alphabets in the same order (a...m..a..l..e..n..d..u)in google search box and i found you..My name is AMALENDU TEWARI ...I am a poet and astrologer from lucknow india...it was a divine feeling to meet you here... i have posted 3 of my poems in my blog ....i wll certainly would like to write more and more about me in future..my blog... www.kavyayaatra.blogspot.com
i am short of word ..right now.. but i will visit you soon again...
warm regards.
AMALENDU
thanks Andrew,
Devika: recession helps for creativity... true..but...for an economist like me there is a conflict of interest...
Amalendu: Happy to know a co-name poet...I will soon visit your site...
Post a Comment