As if, time has settled here
In green grass,
Like, she will take all the sky in her hand,
A small child runs
Truly speaking,
Not here,
We want to stop at our childhood.
We want to play hide-n-seek
Not the way, we are playing now
We want to laugh and cry too
Not the way, it is happening now.
The truth is
We are jealous of our childhood

36 comments:
Oh, Amalendu, simply beautiful!
Thank you Aurora....
well said and very true
I love the photo!!
Thank you Andrew...this one is of my son "AADITYA"
Very true...like I say, "Childhood memories are like scalp massages. You'd wish they'd never end!"
Yes Kranti...
Thank you
oh, this is beautiful!
and your adorable baby son is a fighter... just look at his clenched little fists :)
And reborn with our children!! Such bright eyes!!
Yes Polona... too much of fighting he does now...
Thank you..
Ya ..Pat, we refresh our childhood with our children....
Thank you
I suppose we are all jealous of our childhoods in more ways than one! Nicely put, Amalendu. And such a lovely baby boy! :)
Lovely child. Lovely words. I enjoyed this very much. Keep at it, proud daddy! =)
Thank you river. You know there are only a few rivers in India that represent male sexuality, like Bramhaputra, Kumaradhara etc...
Thank you again..
Thank you Irene...
Thank you..
Yahoooo , I got it this time!!! Thanks to Aaditya :)
Amalendu...So true, and so well said.
The older we get, the more our inner child finds its way back to us. It's remarkable, and well, poetic!
great Papanna....at least something brought you closer to poetry.....
Thank you Don....
Thank you for your nice words...
Great picture of ADITYA! My favourite nephew is named Aditya!
I liked the verse too.
Thank you Gautami...
You know, I keep checking in on you and I still like seeing this picture! My new one is 8 weeks now and it still seems new. I'm sure that's the same for you. :)
looks like a father speaking. How and when did the transition happen, I could hardly tarce it...
good really good.
Very true Andrew...ditto feeling here...
It is nice to see you back here Bunny...You told me what blog all about and somewhere we got disconnected...
And all that transition happened in due course...
It is nice to get you back....
Now I want you to be little more assertive as you use to be…Otherwise, I may not know when this transition happened...
yah I promise, high time I make a homecoming...
I am sorry to say that a lot of people wouldn't dream of being jalous of there childhood as they have not been surrounded by loving relatives or friendly adults. Edith.
You may be true Edith. I come from a very small place and very few people to interact with... besides, have little idea about how the children feel (in fact in the process of learning all these). So please view this poem as if I am writing about those fortunate souls....
Thank you Edith for visiting this blog...
Thank you for answering my comment. I was mostly thinking of my self as I had my childhood in Germany during the second world war and so many ugly things happend. On the other hand I know we have to solve a certain amount of tasks in our lives and that means we learn from the bad things as well to fulfill our destiny.
I am not jealous of my childhood........
The problem is that, i am not content with my current situation....
Thank you Prashant for visiting this blog...
beautiful poetry...
Thank you Meander....
Hi Amalendu,
I just loooooove this pic of Aaditya! Hey, "As if time stops here..."...waiting for new material too. How about a new venture...words stifled? Not flowing? Come on...
Perhaps these are the same ideas many poets have tried to express over the years. But you've done it with an uniquineness that have given life to those old ideas once again.
Superb.
Thank you Dipanjan....
Post a Comment