Today’s morning is seemingly different from the others in the past
there is some strange brevity in the sun
as if; an exile lover has come to the city in disguise...
Like other days, today there is no disbelief in your eyes
In your face, there is an astounding innocence
A bereaving silence in Yamuna (1)
Birds are lazy to move out of the nest
All my friends are knowingly delaying to start their days
Cows are not in a hurry to move out
In everything, there is a peculiar tardiness
There is a commotion everywhere, because you are coming
Yet, all look calm to the naked eyes
and ears, cannot listen to the uproar
Today’s morning is seemingly different from the others in the past…
==========
(1) More than a river, it carries the legendary tradition of Radha and Krishna

18 comments:
I like the easiness of this. Life hasn't changed, but yet it has, if even for a day. How's the baby??
This is excellent!
oh, this is lovely! well done!
Well said! (Please forgive my ignorance, but who are Radha and Krishna?)
Excellent write! I like how it flows.
Thank you Pat...The baby is doing fine and giving sleepless night to his mother and grand mother...
However, it is sad me not being there with them now...
Thank you Aurora... I was really not sure if any one will like this...
Thank you Polona for your kind words...
I am sorry Andrew for not explaining about Radha and Krishna. Somewhat, I took that for granted.
Well, In Indian (Hindu) Mythology Lord Krishan is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu (the Creator of Universe)and Radha is his beloved (not Wife). Krishna spent his childhood and youth near the river Yamuna which gave rise to the Immortal love legend of Radha and
Krishna. Krishna's Magical flute not only use to mesmerize Radha but also each and every soul surviving there..
I can go on. But I am sure if you search the web you will get millions of hits. A few links are as follows:
http://hinduism.about.com/library/weekly/aa021201d.htm
http://www.koausa.org/Gods/God2.html
Thank you Andrew...
Thank you Natalia...Your words encouraged me, I still have a feeling of incompleteness in this poem...
I had met Ramakant Rath long time back. I have a autographed copy of one of his books. I can't read Oriya. So my mother reads out to me.
Sorry for digressing..
This is good!
Congragulation for being a father
Don of Conscious living Blog have been hosted in www.livinginpoetry.blogspot.com
Hope you can share ur thoughts about Don
this is beautiful!
time can really slow down when you focused on something or awaiting something. this was very good!
Gautami welcome...It is really nice to know that you know Ramakanta Rath. He is a great poet and I think, his 'Sri Radha' is available in English too.
Thank you and so nice of you for sharing this information....
@iamnasra, thank you. I will surely visit the site and share my views...
Gulnaz, really waiting always is so long...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Congrats on your new baby!
Thank you Lori and welcome...
Post a Comment