Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A House of Flowers

I have the wishes of an Ocean
in which,
I can paint my
small house
flowers
and many other things

perhaps she will come
and will make it more colourful
he thought

In that long wait
there were a few
old news papers
an empty glass
and some dust and dry leaves

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!

I also wanted to tell you that I really like your profile picture. There is such a feeling of unison between those tree branches and yourself, that it's almost as if the tree is posing for you!:)

Anyway, it's good, as always, to see your poetry.

Amalendu said...

Thank you a lot Aurora... This photograph was taken by my wife when we last visited Udaipur (Rajasthan) a month back...

Thanks again Aurora for your nice words....

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

haunting-- I love how you ended it.

Amalendu said...

thanks Andrew....

C... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
C... said...

I can see the loneliness in this poem.

Amalendu said...

true...and thanks a lot @ C for visitng

Plus Ultra said...

you leave many things unsaid which is very good, adds to the mystery and tension of the poem, someone said that a great poem is what you can read in the silence that follows and the silence in between......

Amalendu said...

so nicely you put it Dr. Ng. I am happy that you liked the poem. Thank you a lot.

Anonymous said...

Its really nice to read your poem. It seems to me someone has snatched your pen. Few more lines, few more words could have been given this more meaning. I liked it.

Amalendu said...

Just not pen.. may be thought idea and words too...
You put it so eloquently manoj
Thanks for visiting.....

Natalia L. Rudychev said...

Deep feelings expressed in crystal clear images. I was moved by this beautiful poem.

Amalendu said...

Thank you Natalia... I am happy that you liked the poem.

Pat Paulk said...

Waiting and waitng and the wishes become thorns. Like Andrew wrote, "haunting", but all too real. Excellent!!

Amalendu said...

Thank you Pat

Anonymous said...

Amal...Why is it that I dont understand your poems? By reading all these comments above it is understood that "A House of Flowers" is a good peice of poetry. But even after re-reading your work I am not able to catch what those lines are all about?!

Amalendu said...

may be because poetry explores beyond semantics... try seeing that way

Unknown said...

Beautiful expression...
Words talking silence in itself makes it a great read...
Sometimes I can't really define whether it lies in those dry leaves, dust and the empty glass or is it just in the space in between...

Amalendu said...

thats the beauty Upasana...
so nicely you have captured the essence...

Amalendu said...

Thank you Janet for your kind words and for visiting...

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Lovely words strung together so well.

Amalendu said...

Thank you Don for your nice words. It was pleasig to see your profile and get to know that you are an Development Economics Consultant in Ohio. The pleasing part of it comes from the fact that I am an Economist and is associated with Ohio University School of Management Programme in India. Thank you Don for visiting...