Now,
it was her turn
to remain silent
And,
She did it
pretty ordinarily
as she did it before.
A thought crawled saying:
True things are essentially ordinary
and, ordinary things are secret
A treasure hidden.
She turned towards the window
She peeped into the
Mournful afternoon's Veranda
May be somebody will come and
disturb her
This thought troubled her
from further thinking
And, she disappeared
Leaving behind
Innumerable marks of her disappearance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
your post reminded of the afternoons of Maya,protagonist of Anita Desai's 'Cry the peacock'...
sounds of her footsteps
that can be heard even in the rain
pouring
and satiating the parched tin roofs
rejoicing her return
Hi anemone... you inspire me to read Anita Desai...
As I feel, I have tremendous influence of Udayan Vajpayee
So nice myriadmind…. I would love to end it like rejoicing her return…“in the mournful afternoon’s veranda”
deh me deh ke baad
avatarit ho rahi hain
adrishya striyo ki bhaasha
mrityu bhar ka faasla
abhi baaki hai
farsh ke ubaal
aur mere shabdo ke beech
baar baar atmaan ka hi to kshaya hota hai
Just an attempt to translate...
only to justify how beautiful is the Original....
The language of invisible women incarnates in the self
beyond cadaver
The miniscule distance of death
is yet to be covered
Between the blistering terrain
and my words
the ‘self’ erodes
repeatedly
wonderfully done
in fact another poetry
in Blore right now...got to talk you on phone regarding renting a house...
will call you tonight
Thanks Jason (if I can call you so)for your nice words...
I am sure we will continue visiting each other in days to come....
Hi Amalendu!
Women's silence is so 'ordinary'..no?
'True things are essentially ordinary
and, ordinary things are secret
A treasure hidden.'
there you charmingly take all women to your side :-)
"Leaving behind
Innumerable marks of her disappearance .."
that was not an 'ordinary' act by 'her' :-))
should i be saying this? not sure..but still i would say..enjoyed this more than the other..
thanks!
wishes
devika
PS: rest will read next week...I got somthing to 'chew' while I cook :-) i just wish if I weren't working..would have just been with poetry...
So nice of you Devika...you honored me with your views. I am no expert in understanding the psychological depth of a woman....but it gives me enough pleasure to write about these ordinary instances gradually alleviating the poem to its abstraction...This one is one of my favorites...every time I read it I enjoyed it more...
Post a Comment